Megan Epler Wood, Program Director of our International Sustainable Tourism Initiative, speaks with John D. Spengler, our Director, about how tourism development impacts the environment.
Originally part of our course on Human Health and Global Environmental Change offered through HarvardX, in this video Megan explores:
- Tourism as a business growth model that lacks environmental management systems.
- The effects of the digial revolution on the travel business model
- Tourism as a spider web supply chain system
- Recommendations for new models of international education
- Carbon impacts of tourism
- Destination stewardship
- Solutions and tools
Produced by HarvardX|edX